1. There has been little progress made in reducing global poverty in the last decade.
3. Overpopulation is part of why
4. Malaria kills more children in
5. Obesity threatens the life expectancy of some developed countries.
6. The main job of the United Nations is to help the poor of the world.
7. The poorest people in the world are most likely to become terrorists.
8. Prostitution is illegal in most of the world.
9. Child labor is mostly found in sweatshops.
10. Illegal immigration is having
a negative effect on the
1. FALSE. Over the past decade, much progress has been made on many fronts to reduce poverty, improve living conditions of the poor, and help increase health and education.
2. FALSE. While the
3. FALSE. Sub-Saharan
6. FALSE. It was originally founded to prevent future wars and still exists primarily to facilitate
cooperation among countries in a variety of areas.
7. FALSE. Most of the poorest of the poor lack the energy or resources to do much more than survive daily life. Terrorism tends to come from lower or middle class unrest.
8. FALSE. Prostitution is actually
legal in a number of countries and is not actually illegal in some (such as
9. FALSE. According to UNICEF, most children work in agriculture, sell products on the street, or are employed as domestic workers.