Great Day Every Day
|Navigating Life’s Challenges with Promise and Purpose |
Max Lucado loves words. Written or spoken, he enjoys crafting sentences that are memorable, inspiring and perhaps life-changing. Max’s words have been shaped into sermons, bestselling books, videos, devotionals, songs, greeting cards, booklets and commentaries. More than 100 million Lucado products have been printed in 41 languages, including 80 million books to date. The number of lives impacted goes beyond these numbers as his words are shared, loaned and quoted worldwide.
Highlights of Max Lucado’s writing career include:
• Lucado books have appeared on every major national bestseller list including Publishers Weekly, USA Today, The New York Times, Evangelical Christian Publishers Association, and the Christian Booksellers Association.
• In 2005, Reader’s Digest magazine named Lucado “America’s Best Preacher,” and Christianity Today magazine dubbed him “America’s Pastor” in 2004.
• Max Lucado has more than 13 books that have sold more than one million copies each.
• The product line based on his book entitled 3:16—The Numbers of Hope (2007) has sold more than four million units worldwide, including one million units of the cornerstone book.
• Max is the only author to have won three Christian Book of the Year* awards: in 1999 for Just Like Jesus, in 1997 for In the Grip of Grace, and in 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name.
• Since 1978, Lucado has earned 12 wins and 32 finalist placements in the ECPA Christian Book Awards.
• In March 2011, he is the first author to appear on the Christian Book Awards finalist list three times in the same year, all in different categories (Bible, Inspiration and Non-Fiction.)
• In 2010, to celebrate 25 years of book publishing, Max donated all author royalties for the Outlive Your Life: You Were Made to Make A Difference product line to faith-based humanitarian organizations, and he partnered with World Vision to secure 25,000 new child sponsorships.
Max Lucado has been featured in countless media outlets and national broadcasts. In the last year, Max has been featured on national television programs including “Fox & Friends,” “CNN American Morning” and “Good Morning America.”
Lucado is the author/creator of “Max Lucado’s Hermie & Friends” brand family, one of the most popular animated DVD series in the marketplace, which has sold more than 5 million units to date. His words are also featured in a branded line of greeting cards and gift books for Hallmark/Dayspring, with more than 15 million units sold since its 2001 debut.
Currently, Max Lucado is the Minister of Preaching at the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, where he has served since 1988. He has been married to Denalyn Lucado since 1981, and they have three grown daughters—Jenna, Andrea and Sara—and one son-in-law, Brett.